Summary: The Database Administrator is responsible for setting up, managing, and optimizing databases in support of Enterprise and External Web applications. This includes working closely with system managers and developers to add system functionality, tables, and data; optimizing systems for availability and performance; and contributing to system upgrades. The Database Administrator also is responsible for maintaining applications, processes, and maintenance procedures; performance tuning; and documentation and management of changes to database operations.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 8 years- experience in managing data lineage and performing impact analyses.
- 5 years- experience with ETL tool development
- Experience working in Data Management projects. Ability to apply mastery knowledge in one of the relational databases (DB2, MSSQL, Teradata, Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11i)
- Experience working in Agile environment.
- Experience working with data manipulation, preparation, cleansing.
- Experience working with ETL Tools (Informatica/DS/SSIS) for data Integration.
- Experience designing and developing automated analytic software, techniques, and algorithms
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Setup, configure, and install database systems.
- Optimizes and tunes database systems.
- Proactively monitors performance and capacity.
- Performs data ports and data loads; monitors and tests data integrity as required.
- Backup, recovery, testing of recovery procedures, and archiving databases.
- Troubleshoots database issues and performs database impact analysis for proposed changes.
- Ensures that systems stay updated on all relevant patches and upgrades.
- Alter tables and schema structure as required.
- Serve as technical expert for database design and support issues.
- Works with the Application and Internet Development teams to develop stored procedures, triggers and code to support enterprise applications as well as to enforce coding standards.
- Executes database release management processes and coordinates maintenance of development, testing, and production environments.
- Automates manual processes when practical.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Performance Skills/Competencies The below categories represent general skill sets that are required by this position. The level of proficiency & priority required by this position are defined by the following scales.
Technical Skills/Competencies: The below categories represent technical skill sets that are required by this position. The level of proficiency & priority required by this position are defined by the following scales.
Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Job Complexity: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Experience: Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook