Location: Houston, TX (Galleria)
VB (Visual Basic)
Need to understand and be WILLING to work with VB6, ASP Classic.
Software Development Environment with Agile
Ideally Real Estate or Financial Industry Experience (plus)
The Application Developer/Support will define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain enterprise-level software applications in support of the achievement of business requirements for both internal and external customers. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing technical objects within the application in support of the business function and may act as the primary developer on one or more projects at any given time.
- Support legacy VB application dedicated to specific client
- Provide day-to-day support at a technical level to end-users and internal business professionals
- Work with business analyst, project management team, and end-users to understand business requirements and proposed design
- Develop code for all tiers of Applications based on specifications and business requirements
- Identify, recommend, and implement solutions to complex problems
- Complete testing and gather feedback to improve the quality and reduce operational risk of the developed Applications
- Undertake post-release activities to develop lessons learned that can be incorporated in future builds and release cycles
- Collaborate with database administrators to design, develop and update databases as they relate to software programs and applications
- Work with support team to diagnoses and troubleshoot problems within existing applications
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, preferably in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in a role related to application &/or software development, or systems design
- 1+ years of experience with a variety of server-side and client side programming languages; experience developing applications in Microsoft Visual Studio utilizing the Microsoft development stack (Visual Basic, SQL required, .NET, C# MVC, etc. preferred)
- Ability to comprehend business needs and to translate said needs into technical specifications
- Demonstrated ability to apply Project Management principles
- Functional knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Hands-on experience within a Microsoft development environment, particularly utilizing VB and SQL platforms
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
For all of our consultants, we offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook