The Information Security Analyst position will be responsible for providing technical and business assistance for a wide variety of information security related matters. The Information Security Analyst will assist in the implementation and on-going maintenance/tuning of security systems to protect the organization's networks from cyber attacks. The position helps develop organization wide security policies, standards, procedures, and best practice documentation. It requires monitoring of computer networks for security issues, install security software and document all security issues or breaches found.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Monitor security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations
- Conduct research, analysis, and correlation across a wide variety of all source data sets (indications and warnings).
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
- Understand and continue to develop cyber security policy and procedure
- Assist in security threat and impact assessments as input to overall information security strategy
- Respond to antivirus detection's by performing scans, attempting remediation, and escalation as required.
- Document and escalate incidents (including event's history, status, and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
- Coordinate with cyber security staff to correlate threat assessment data and validate network alerts. • Pick up service tickets within established SLAs and escalate to Tier Two/Three as needed.
- Support security engineers as needed.
- Working across the security team to help implement various processes and technologies related to the CIS Critical Security Controls.
- Participate in security incident response efforts
- Assist in completing and reviewing security questionnaires, request for proposal (RFP), request for information, and vendor evaluations as needed.
- Support and participate in the organization’s Continual Improvement Program to conform to ISO 9001 requirements by complying with the Quality Policy and procedures and meeting QMS objectives.
- All employees have a professional duty to provide any information related to security issues, incidents or situations that present a potential security risk to the ISO Team, Management or their Supervisor.
- Other tasks and projects as directed by the management team.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, or equivalent/related field or equivalent years of experience.
- CISSP, CEH, CEPT, GIAC or similar relevant information security certifications.
- 4+ years of technical experience, including 2+ years in an information security technical role
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience writing and updating security policy and documentation
- Work with key business leaders to help identify critical assets
- Must be self-directed, able to work independently, as well as work in a team-oriented, geographically diverse/multiple locations, and fast paced environment.
- Ability to deliver or explain technical concepts to non-technical customers and internal stakeholders.
- Experienced in the creation of technical documentation including Visio diagrams.
- Understanding of basic frameworks for mitigating Vendor risk.
- Knowledge of how criminal culture communicates/works on the Internet.
- Knowledge of the OSI Reference Model and its security implications.
- Hands on experience with mitigating security controls (anti-virus, IPS/IDS,DLP, web and network proxies, URL content filtering, multi-factor authentication, SSL VPN's) and how they work in an overall defense in depth risk assessment methodology.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP networking and security.
- Experience with cloud technologies and architecture is an asset
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook