We are looking for IOT/Hardware Engineers for our clients Digital Innovation Team at our Irving, TX office. In this role, you will design, build, and deploy services for a range of custom-engineered/procured devices using Bluetooth/BLE, Wi-Fi and other device-to-device communication channels and protocols. You will be leading the hardware specification process, integration of sensors with edge computing devices, writing software to communicate with sensors and other on-premise devices, as well as dealing with a network connection from store facilities to our cloud infrastructure. You will be working with a dynamic and collaborative team that integrates a wide array of technologies into a cohesive IT Solution that enables our clients to provide more value to our customers & franchisees and also drive down costs to our client.
Must Have Qualifications:
- BS/MS in Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical Engineering with related experience of 4+ years in software/hardware development
- Hands on development experience in C/C++ and good exposure to Python and/or Java (we prefer polyglots & those open to learn new stuff on the go)
- 1+ years of programming within Linux systems and exposure to platform and networking with bash scripting experience.
- Has experience implementing hardware and software integrations into production
- Has a growth and scalability mindset for software and hardware that translates to production level implementation realities
- Knows what RESTful and JSON are and understands the pros and cons over something like SOAP and XML
- Loves to connect things to other things and have them communicate to create business value
- Ability to control hardware devices and program them with Raspberry Pi/Beagle board.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on Bluetooth, RFID, and Wi-Fi communication, and working with sensors
- Basic use of electrical/wiring tools with best practice software/firmware design and processes
- Experience working with AWS / Azure / Google Cloud Platform.
- A strong grasp of CS fundamentals, especially in data structures, algorithm design and programming languages
- Ability to work well in a team and to take on leadership roles as required
- Ability to work under pressure in a timely manner without sacrificing quality
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills??
Good to Have:
- Knowledge of technologies like Arduino, AdaFruit, Micro-Python, Embedded PLC.
- Experience in PCB board assembly with a good understanding of Electronic Systems
- Experience with common micro-controllers and microprocessors and use of peripherals
- Experience in development, testing, or familiarity of embedded control systems, serial communication and peripheral interfacing
- Experience with Integration or IoT platforms
- Knowledge of working with Docker/Kubernetes
- Experience with Apache Kafka/Kinesis/Apache Spark/Big Data/ is a plus?
- Hands on development of proof-of-concept software to validate end to end product integrations and demonstrate new business value
- Using sensors to capture events or system states
- Transporting sensor data reliably & securely to the cloud
- Storing and aggregating sensor data
- Analyzing data to provide useful information, make predictions or take actions
- Implementing data analysis in the cloud
- Understanding and using the essential technologies
- Using sensor data to drive decision making
- Identifying problems that might be addressed by IoT technology
- Create tests to increase reliability of overall solutions
- Documenting security and privacy concerns related to IoT data collection, aggregation and analysis
- Help in research and decision-making process for hardware to integrate our IoT products, from sensors to edge computing devices, to on premise communication solutions.
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook