The Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), under the direction and leadership of the Director, Financial Services is responsible the financial analysis and planning of the organization and contribution to the organization’s short and long term goals for profitability and growth. The FP&A Manager will apply financial planning and analysis skills in all aspects of the business including, but not limited to: margin analysis, forecasting, expenses monitoring and control, key performance indicators, and operational reporting. Responsibilities include preparing and supervising the preparation of the financial reporting within Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP) and presenting analysis of findings to the executive team.
(List in order of importance)
- Execute financial reporting and presentations related to the annual financial operating plan, quarterly forecasting, and the standard monthly financial process.
- Develop and enhance financial forecasting and budgeting models and, as needed, cost benefit and scenario planning models.
- Reviews and analyzes financial data and communicates results to business unit leaders.
- Supports business development strategies by providing margin analysis, pricing models, forecasting, capacity and post mortem analysis to determine profitable business.
- Prepares executive summaries, reports and presentation decks utilized by the Business Unit leaders to convey performance, state of the business and other information.
- Work with business unit operational departments to build financial models that provide insight to assist leadership in making key business decisions in areas such as operational efficiencies, network optimization, Shop maintenance costs and competitor/market comparisons, including pricing.
- Provides fleet financial information to support fleet management and capacity planning.
- Coordinate and communicate, on a need-to-know basis, financial planning actions within FBS and FCI companies.
- Performs Ad hoc analysis as required to assist departments to make appropriate financial decisions and supporting planning in such areas as staffing, driver performance ratings, load line analysis, pay and bonus and other requests as needed by the organization.
- Loads quarterly annual business plans and forecasts into Oracle or accounting system used to manage finances for the organization.
- Utilize various process improvement tools, assist with the identification of improvement opportunities and potential redesign solutions
- Collaborate with IT to develop reporting tools and business intelligence on a just in time basis.
- Work across departments to define opportunities for improvement
- Maintain project tracking tools and systems, as required
- Identify incremental improvements in the operational process; prioritize future process redesign projects
- Support internal audit and other finance and accounting functions as necessary.
- Collaborate with Accounting on month and year end reporting as needed.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
This position may supervise one or more associates.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university preferably with a degree in Accounting and/or finance or with a strong accounting background, plus 8 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Financial analysis in a trucking company preferred
• Knowledge of logistics systems preferred, but not required
• Lean or Six Sigma certification/training preferred, but not required
(For optimum performance, the jobholder in this position would be expected to demonstrate appropriate knowledge, skills, and abilities in the listed areas.)
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
For all of our consultants, we offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook