Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
The SRE manages and maintains infrastructure which supports cloud-based prototype applications as they transition into a production environment. The SRE assists in defining and measuring service level agreements and non-functional requirements for the application, and ensuring that the application is sufficiently performant, stable, and robust. Development skills are required to integrate monitoring tools, instrumentation, automate processes, and support the migration to a production-ready state. The prototype teams integrate machine-learning into petro- and geophysical workflows, and are based in The Woodlands, TX, near Houston. The production readiness team enhances these prototypes to be scalable, usable, secure, and maintainable, and works with the business to integrate them into their day-to-day workflow.
Senior level development skills in Python, including practitioner-level comfort with object-oriented design and common application integration patterns. Strong familiarity with geophysics applications and workflows. Machine learning or dev ops experience is a plus, but not required.
- 3+ years of DevOps (Infra Support and Apps Support Experience)
- Python Development
- Will be building tools to support the AAET Development Team.
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry+.
- QA experience+.
- Strong communication skills: effectively sets standards, communicates issues, and identifies design tradeoffs in scaling and maintaining a production application.
- Strong familiarity with enterprise-level integration patterns.
- GCP or other cloud-based IAAS / PAAS environments (AWS, Ect).
- Strong troubleshooting / debugging skills across distributed systems.
- Load and system monitoring frameworks such as: Stackdriver (preferred), Nagios, SCOM.
- Python (and Java familiarity a plus).
- Go and Shell scripting.
- MapR a big plus.
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
For all of our consultants, we offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook