The Desktop Support Analyst II / Engineer is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the Microsoft Windows desktop, laptops, tablets, and associated peripherals, including AV equipment. In addition, the Desktop Support Analyst II / This is a hands on position which requires demonstrated technical proficiency across a wide variety of IT technologies.
Duties include applications support and management of infrastructure systems and tools, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining the Microsoft Windows / Apple desktops, laptops, tablets, batch panels, printers, copiers and associated peripherals along with Site Level Networking, WIFI, VPN, Telephony, and AV equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Setup, maintain and troubleshoot Microsoft Windows / Apple desktop and laptop computers, Mobile Phones, Tablets / MDM support systems, Networking, Wi-Fi, and Video Monitoring / DVR systems.
- Install and configure software.
- Provide functional support of Remote Desktop Services, Command Series, OnBase, EBS, Siebel, OBIEE, TMT, Risk Master and Kronos applications.
- Proactively monitor, maintain and perform routine maintenance on IT equipment at regional offices and plant locations
- Documentation – Create and maintain support documents,
- Proactively monitoring of Solar winds and other systems for potential problems
- Maintain excellent communication with all end users and other members of the technology department.
- Provide 2nd / 3rd Tier support while resolving all tickets within published SLA’s.
- Support Provider, Network, and system outages at remote sites within SLA’s
- Participate in company wide application upgrades, Batch Panel, Software, and System upgrades
- Work with business members to determine application and system requirements
- Design and establishing regional desktop standards, procurement, and inventory along with regional policies and procedures.
- Execute other related tasks as directed.
- Superior customer service and communications skills – required
- Travel requirements – up to 20%, on call rotation required
- Critical thinker – Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices and procedures – required
- Superior relationship skills with the ability to work with multiple personalities in varied regions of the country
- Project Management – ability to manage small to medium time sensitive projects with ease – required
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment, flexibility and agility a must – required
- Ability to work with little supervision and within changing priorities in a dynamic rapidly changing and growing environment – required
- Technical proficiency – Advanced /Expert
- Expert in Microsoft Operation Systems (Windows 7,10) – required
- Functional knowledge of SCCM / Desktop Management Systems
- Basic Networking from Entry point to end (Firewalls, Switches, Wi-Fi) – required
- Expert in Microsoft Office / Office 365 Applications
- Network/Wi-Fi Connectivity installation and troubleshooting
- Ability to evaluate / support a remote site from entry point to end point – including data /voice connectivity, Desktop, Server, Network, Wi-Fi, IP Cameras, and security
- Ability to support systems without prior knowledge by thinking out of the box by using past experience and deductive reasoning to reach a solution
Education and Experience:
- 8-10 years verifiable, hands on experience supporting organizations with multiple remote sites / users.
- 2 Year degree in Information Technology or verifiable commensurate experience.
- 3+ years supporting basic network technologies.
- 3-5 Years of experiencing working on small projects.
- Experience with integrations, mergers, and acquisitions – preferred (L2 Only).
- Microsoft MCSA / MCP or equivalent, ITIL – preferred (L2 only).
For more information on this job email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work. We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook