Data architect is responsible for the design, structure, and maintenance of data. A data architect ensures the accuracy and accessibility of data relevant to an organization or a project. The management and organization of data is highly technical and proficiency with data-oriented computer languages such as SQL and XML.
A data architect possesses superior analytical skills and is detail-oriented. Data architects require the ability to communicate effectively, as part of the larger team within the information technology department. Additionally, a data architect likely needs to explain complex technical concepts to non-technical staff. Since development of data models and logical workflows is common, a data architect must also exhibit advanced visualization skills, as well as creative problem-solving.
- Plans, architects, designs, analyses, develops, codes, tests, debugs and documents data & analytics platforms to satisfy business requirements for large, complex Data Reservoir/Data Warehouse, Reporting & Analytics & development Lead and perform database level tuning and optimization in support of application development teams on an ad-hoc basis.
- Analyses business and data requirements to support the implementation of an application’s full functionality
- Contributes to high level functional design used across all Reporting & Analytics applications based on system build and knowledge of business needs
- Collaborates with fellow team members and keeps the team and other key stakeholders well informed of progress of application business features being developed
- Create data architecture strategies for each subject area of the enterprise data model.
- Communicate plans, status and issues to higher management levels.
- Create and maintain a corporate repository of all data architecture artifacts.
- Collaborate with the business and other IT organizations to plan a data strategy.
- Produce all project data architecture deliverables.
- 6+ years of experience with demonstrated knowledge in the design & development of data warehouses and/or data reservoir/data lake/data mart platform.
- 4+ years of expert level experience in data ingestion tools and techniques including ETL & ELT methodologies.
- 3+ Experience in one or more of the reporting/visualization tools (Cognos, Tableau or Power BI) are desirable
- Working proficiency in a selection of software engineering disciplines and demonstrates understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of software.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated experience coordinating development cycles and project management.
- Self-starter that can work alone and as part of a larger internal and external team
- Works well with others and understands the importance of the team
- Exceptional data analysis skills and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of advanced analytics tools & methodologies (Python, R etc.)
- Experience with statistical analysis and predictive modelling skills – a plus
- Bachelor or master’s degree in computer science or similar
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
For all of our consultants, we offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook