Our client is expanding as they create leading edge video games for consoles, PC, and VR headsets.
In this position you will join a veteran team of engineers, designers and other senior leadership with decades of experience who have shipped some of the bestselling titles in history.
What You'll Be Doing
We're looking for a Backend Software Engineer who wants to bring their experience building robust, reliable and high-availability systems to the world of AR/VR and next-gen game development. You'll work as a part of a small, fast-moving team of experienced game developers to deliver amazing multiplayer game experiences to players around the globe.
Your core work will involve:
- Guide the technical development of complex back end features
- Write clean, maintainable code that is scalable, reliable, and observable
- Collaborate with producers, programmers and game designers in the day-to-day development of our projects
- Support cloud hosted systems in a 24 x 7 environment including troubleshooting, hot fixing, and root cause analysis
- Act as technical point of contact for teams working with back end feature development
- Understand and define infrastructure as code to support developed systems
- Research new technologies, develop prototypes, and contribute to technical decision making
- Document operational processes and procedures
Who You Are
These are the core requirements we're looking for…
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in designing, developing, implementing and supporting services
- Possess a strong technical background and deep knowledge of programming principles, exceptional problem solving, design, programming, and testing skills
- Pragmatic approach to providing software solutions that solve business needs
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Science, or equivalent work experience
- Curious and self-directed with a strong attention to details and a user-centric approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
It's not required, but the more of these you have/know, the better…
- Fluency operating within and managing Linux environments
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code concepts and related tools. e.g. Git, Terraform, Ansible, Puppet
- Experience working with and operating the services offered from AWS or other large public cloud providers (GCP, Azure, etc)
- Hands-on experience deploying Linux Containers in production with any container orchestration technology
- Experience with Unit Testing frameworks and CI/CD systems
- Experience managing UE4 dedicated servers
- Experience with game development and one or more shipped titles (edited)
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook