As the Accountant Manager – SEC External Reporting, you will be part of a dynamic team where you can add value but also learn, develop and move forward in your career! This is a key role as you will work with a variety of business areas, develop partnerships with business leaders, and make an impact with your solid accounting skills.
Your CPA, SEC, SOX, GAAP technical accounting experience along with your business acumen will be critical for success. The position of is located in our client's Houston, TX Corporate office and reports to the Controller
The position requires a general understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles ("US GAAP") and SEC regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
• Coordinate efforts with internal departments and external groups to gather financial and non-financial information for use in SEC filings. Assist with drafting of financial statements and footnote disclosures for SEC filings. Maintain adequate support and documentation for all information included within each SEC filing.
• Ensure compliance with SEC XBRL filing requirements.
• Research, interpret and communicate US GAAP and SEC regulations. Assists with the implementation of new accounting standards, including developing accounting policies and procedures and financial disclosures.
• Follow emerging accounting issues and proactively analyze their impact on the Company's results of operations and financial position.
• Coordinate with our external auditors to ensure timely completion of our quarterly review and annual audit
• Knowledge of equity-based compensation, earnings per share, debt and derivatives.
• Coordinate the financial reporting for employee benefit plans and captive insurance companies.
• Assist with the maintenance and application of internal controls.
• Assist with evaluating the accounting consequences of potential transactions and provide input and suggestions to planned and proposed agreements, as requested.
• Oversee special projects within the Accounting function, as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
Education: • Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; Master's Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, preferred Experience:
• Five plus years of relevant, progressive experience. A combination of public accounting (Big 4) and public company accounting experience, preferred.
• Required: CPA
• General understanding of US GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and SEC regulations;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; and • Exceptional business acumen.
For more information on this job: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
For all of our consultants, we offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.
https://www.rekruiters.com – Main Site
@rekruiters.com – Twitter
https://www.facebook.com/rekruiters/ – Facebook